DOGGY ETIQUETTE FOR THE HOLIDAYS
1. Your humans may bring a large tree into the house and set it up and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so there are some things you need to know:
- Don’t pee on the tree
- Don’t drink the water in the container that holds the tree
- Mind your tail when you are near the tree
- If there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don’t rip them open
- Don’t chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree
2. Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on your part:
- Not all strangers appreciate kisses and leans
- Don’t eat off the buffet table
- Beg for goodies subtly
- Be pleasant, even if unknowing strangers sit on YOUR sofa
- Don’t drink out of glasses that are left within your reach
3. Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you. They seem to get some special kind of pleasure out of seeing how you look with fake antlers
4. A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night. DON’T BITE HIM!!
Tags: , doggy holiday etiquetteYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.